How to make homemade tomato sauce . Nowadays, mainly due to lack of time, few people prepare their own tomato sauce or homemade fried tomato. Actually, it is a recipe that takes a little while to make but can get dull and can last months and months frozen. To prepare this sauce, we will need very few ingredients, which can be substituted and you can add others to your liking. Very easy to do, although not so fast. However, while it cooks, you can be to other things. You don’t need to be on top of crafting constantly. In the end, we will obtain our own homemade tomato sauce, delicious and that has nothing to envy to the commercial one.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES
In a tall casserole or pot, heat a little olive oil over low heat. Add the finely chopped onion, green pepper and garlic. Season and cook both ingredients for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
When the onion is transparent and soft, we add the most important ingredient in our tomato sauce: the crushed tomato. You can also add 2kg of tomatoes, peeled and seedless, but to speed up and facilitate the recipe a bit, I recommend doing it with crushed tomato. If you do it with whole tomatoes, we cook another 20 minutes before continuing with the next step
If we do it with crushed tomato, we directly add the spoonful of paprika, the pinch of sugar, to eliminate the excess acidity of the tomato, and some other spice to your liking, such as oregano, or basil. Cover and cook over low heat for about an hour
After time, when the tomato sauce has thickened a little and there has been a concentration of flavors, we rectify the salt. Finally, if you don’t want to find bits of vegetables, you can shred everything. If not, you can leave it like that, as is.
It’s easy to make your own homemade tomato sauce recipe . In addition, there are many ways to prepare it. Personally, I like to find small pieces of vegetables in the sauce but, if you want it finer, don’t forget to crush it at the end. Remember that you can make it in large quantities and then freeze it!
? How To Make Homade ✅ TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES ❤ Yummy
- Author: Brianna
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 14.5 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 good handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 good handful fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and to a food processor and chop it into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and saute the onion, celery, and carrots until they are soft and no liquid is being released from them.
- In the middle of the softened vegetables, form a well, add the remaining olive oil, followed by the garlic. Allow the garlic to brown slightly (being careful not to let it burn).
- Mix in the tomatoes and herbs.
- Add seasoning, bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- If you like a thinner sauce you can add it to the food processor and puree into your desired consistency or if you like a thicker sauce, skip this step.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 123kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
Keywords: Tomato Sauce